Junior Menswear Designer
We are on the lookout for a junior designer to join our team at Far Afield. The role would be based at our main headquarters in Brighton, UK; or possibly our sourcing office in Porto, Portugal (dependent on the successful applicant’s location).
What we are looking for:
- 2 years’ design experience
- Design knowledge, skill, and experience across multi-products but ideally with a strong interest and high understanding of jersey and knitwear, from sourcing yarns to knitting garments. Other areas of expertise will also be considered.
- Good research skills, drawing inspiration and influence from many primary and creative sources.
- Strong awareness of the menswear market, both UK and internationally.
- Proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop and In-Design.
- Good communicator, experience of working with yarn suppliers, mills, and manufacturers from sourcing, to prototypes, samples, and full season collections.
- Experience of international manufacturing preferred but not essential. (Portugal, Turkey, India, Sri Lanka). Overseas work trips may also be part of role once bedded in.
- Organised, reliable and a good team player.
- Responsible for own work whilst supporting team leaders as necessary.
- Confidence and ability to work alone where needed and be trusted to get on with the job.
- Good initiative, intuition, and adaptability to work on multi products, across multiple ranges and seasons, and capsule collections or exclusive design options.
- Strong understanding of range planning and product costings, including all manufacturing costs and retail margins.
Please apply with a digital portfolio showing your current work portfolio, and your CV. Please send any enquiries to email@example.com with the subject line – Menswear Designer Role (Far Afield).
Warehouse Assistant (Far Afield/Wedgie)
Far Afield, in conjunction with our sister brand Wedgie, are looking for a member to join the team at our Newhaven base. You will be working within a small team to ensure the day to day running of the brand, and the working order of the warehouse, as well as providing general assistance to other members of staff.
We are seeking a creative and likeminded individual to join our small and friendly team.
- Picking, packing and dispatching goods for e-commerce and wholesale
- Managing stock and inventory, conducting stock checks
- Ensuring the warehouse remains orderly and clean with items stored and easily identified
- Processing outgoing orders and returns
- Dealing with customer service enquiries in a professional and friendly manner
Skills and qualities required:
- Organised, diligent, and able to multitask with a high attention to detail
- Good communication skills, face to face and via email
- A willingness and desire to learn
- Energetic and able to move heavy boxes when required
- Excited about the challenge of a varied and fast paced job in the fashion industry
Benefits: Casual dress, Employee discount, On-site parking, Sick pay
Far Afield are a Brighton & Hove Living Wage employer
Please send any enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line – Warehouse Assistant (Far Afield/Wedgie)